Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Wicked Boy




Back in October I was at Powell's book store ( yes I am lucky enough to live near the different branches of Powell's books.) They had a display of books to read for the Halloween season. This lovely non fiction was on display and the cover totally caught my eye. After reading the back of the book I thought its sounded interesting. I took a picture of the book so I had it down somewhere that I wanted to check this out from the library.
    This story is about a boy named Robert who stabbed his mother in 1895. Robert and his brother Nattie spent 10 days gallivanting around before he was found out. Kate takes us the best she can into what is going on during this time with the country, the way everyone thinks at this time and if Robert did this in defense for his little brother as he claims or if he is a cold blooded killer. There were times I found this book a little dry and boring. I really appreciate things being explained to me but there were times I felt i was just getting a little to much information. She manages to find pictures of Robert and his home. Which I really enjoyed seeing. I did start to skip over the parts that I felt were to much information on things I didn't really care about. However all in all I found this book pretty enjoyable. If you like true crime book and the victorian era in London then this book you should enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment